• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. Beau

Background checks (poll)

I'm against all background checks. How about you? Please vote and share. http://www.easypolls.net/poll.html?p=5474c7e4e4b03ec92329a8d9 Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
  2. Beau

No Guns at Oscar's Pub & Grille in Limon

So I tried this place for the first time a couple weeks ago. I really liked the atmosphere. The food and service were great! Didn't see any No Guns signs and no one said anything about my openly carried pistol. Today I went again with my brother and his family. Again the food and service were...
  3. Beau

Do you support universal background checks?

Please vote. Even if you don't comment. So I keep hearing how 89% of gun owners support universal background checks and other controls. I don't buy it. I think they polled around 3,000 people to get that number but I'm not really sure how they got it, just going by what I've heard. I tried...
  4. Beau

On-line training classes.

I'm just wondering if anyone has taken an on-line course in order to obtain your CHP. If so, did the sheriff accept your on-line training or reject it?
  5. Beau

Polls

So the Firearms polls are popping up everywhere. Someone of the ones that I voted on this morning are already gone. Guess they didn't like the responses. Here are some polls that are still active. Here are some firearms and self defense polls. Guns are losing in some of them. Thread also here...
  6. Beau

Scotsman lecturing us on weapons possession.

There is a thread over on COGO where a Scotsman is lecturing us on firearms ownership. He's pretty long winded and I thought of you M-T. Maybe you would like to have go at him. He did state he had gotten banned from other forums. Here is the thread...
  7. Beau

Bills of Sale.

Another thread got me thinking. What is the point of a Bill of Sale? Unless you are running a background check also, why bother? If conducting a private sale I absolutely refuse to do a b.o.s.. Part of the reason to do a private sale is to avoid a paper trail of who owns what. Most of us are...
  8. Beau

Carrying on private property without a permit question.

So my church would like to have a security detail made up of members from the congregation. A few of the people that do not have their CHP yet would like to be involved. I thought it was legal to carry concealed on private property without a CHP with permission from the property owner. I...
  9. Beau

Aurora meet up @ IHOP.

Figured I'd cross post this lil meet up. I know it's short notice. Kinda a last minute thing. http://www.cogunowners.com/showthread.php?tid=953&pid=8994#pid8994
  10. Beau

Open Carry on a motorcycle.

So who does it? I open carry most everywhere but doing so on a motorcycle is bound to draw attention. Most people may not notice OC while walking through the store but bikes are attention getters. Also when on a bike the waist is really close to eye level making it more likely that OC will be...
  11. Beau

LEO Notification

Is there a duty to inform when dealing with LE in Utah? Thanks.
  12. Beau

Carry in Colorado state parks.

I answered my own question. Nevermind.
  13. Beau

Asked to leave Kohl's

Well it finally happened. After years of OC with no negative interactions I was asked to disarm and told not to carry in their store. Location: Havana and Mississippi in Aurora. Date and Time: March 15th at Approximately 1500 Place: Kohl's Today I went into Kohl's to exchange a couple...
  14. Beau

General firearms site.

imported post This site is great for info regarding open carry. In fact this is the first forum I became a member of. The information I found here gave me the knowledge and confidence to open carry. I would say that I OC 90% of the time. I have had some great conversations with those who are...
  15. Beau

Aurora OC get together.

imported post Hello. I grew up in Denver and Aurora. Moved out of state in 93' and am moving back next month. Would like to get together for breakfast with some fellow OC'ers/gunowners. Any takers?
  16. Beau

Southside Indy Meet Up.

imported post Date: Saturday December 19, 2009 Time: 0800 Place: Denny's. US 31 and I-465. Southside Indy. This is also posted on INgunowners.com. This is not specifically an OC event. Just a get together of like minded individuals. OC or CC or NC. Doesn't matter. Come on out.
  17. Beau

Moving to CO

imported post I've become quite accustomed to Indiana gun laws.There aren't many. Can someone give me a quick rundown of CO gun laws? Also the sections of code to look up would be appreciated. Here is what I believe to be true. Correct me if I'm wrong. 1) CO is an open carry state. No...
  18. Beau

Show ID: Remix

imported post I know this has been brought up before. I am still confused on the issue though. Say you are walking down the street and you are stopped by LE. They demand, not request, that you show them ID. Are you required by law to do so? If you do not have ID on you are you required to...
  19. Beau

Traveling to CO

imported post I'm going home for a visit. We all know that IL does not honor our license. No problem there, I don't plan to stop at all in IL. MO does honor our license and they are an OC state.I will prob have to stop oncethere. Maybe more because I will have two small kids with me. Then...
  20. Beau

INgunowners.com

imported post