• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

"Jesus Saves" t-Shirt wearing preacher kicked out (or not) of Mall of America

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
I thought the USSC had ruled that such places were the new "public square"?

(headline says he was kicked out, bullet points says he was allowed to stay...?)

SFCRetired

Gave me a flashback to the time, many years ago, that I was working in a shipyard on the Gulf Coast. We had a large population of "preachers" who made a habit of writing "Jesus Saves" on, of all places" the walls of the latrines. We also had a few heathen who would go behind them and write "S&H Green Stamps" right under.:LOL:

Scary Guy

I mean I support the freedom of speech, even if I don't agree with the message. But was he kicked out because of the shirt? Or was it because he was harassing customers? From the article it just sounds like he was loitering and accosting people with paper.

If he's hearing voices he probably doesn't need to be around people anyway. He needs to take his scizo meds.

JTHunter2

Maybe he was "proselytizing" shoppers in the way that the JWs knock on people's doors and push their "paperwork" at them. It can be quite irritating.
If he was just standing there, handing out flyers to people that approached him, then he did nothing wrong.