• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Recent content by thedevilrobyjohn

1. T

richmond to raleigh

Ill be down to the fair this weekend. I have VA chp. Where does NC stand on loaded shotguns in vehicles? Im not a hunter and it isnt hard to tell, well I hunt does that are expensive and threaten to tell your wife. I do like my 590, saiga or ksg.
  2. T

chesterfield county fair

For years I think it was posted. I may be wrong but I think it was posted. Never cared too much cause Im one of those evil concealed slingshot carriers. This year, no sign in sight at all. One catch would be the parking is at three schools. I park on the side in a ditch every year to avoid...
  3. T

light at the end

The times dispatch has a story on the decline of crime in VA as well as nationally. It eludes twice to crediting "self protection" of the people as one explanation. I was surprised. Hope the link works...
  4. T

Henricos finest

Two stories to show dislike for open carry by Henricos finest. Several months ago I was on my way to work at 6 am. Im sitting at a light and as I drive through the light my car begins to run out of gas. I clear the intersection fine and in 100 yds is a gas station. I drift into the gas...
  5. T

chesterfield berry farm

stepped out of my car in the parking lot, arresterfields finest asked if that is a real gun. I said yes and he said it must be left in the car.....with all this brandishing crap going on and loads of soccer mom suvs pulling in.....I was worried. I got in and took THAT colt out while under my...
  6. T

va state fair thoughts

its well known and posted that "NO FIREARMS ALLOWED ON THIS PROPERTY" at the meadow location of the state fair. They have clowns at the gate searching bags and such. They must be looking for cannons because they sure as hell arent going to find pistols with their technique...they simply poke...
  7. T

glen allen days

glen allen days, hooray for hopewell, emporia peanut fest, suffolk peanut fest, field day of the past...any presence at these? lots of opportunities
  8. T

danville fair

went to danville fair, i had a derringer in my pocket...no signs, no rules posted. daughter carried her new guinea pig in. one of the first tables was a NRA table...I go to at least 50 fairs and festivals a year...NRA tables and presence is greater than vcdl...just an observation. talked with...
  9. T

ch 6 news yesterday (8/28/13) at 5

did anyone see the piece on the guy down near hopewell protesting on the over pass with open carried ar and semi pistol? he was loading and unloading the guns and racking slides on camera. he was detained by police and weapons seized. He was talking about open carrying and his rights as well...
  10. T

open carry limit

may be a stupid question but is there a limit on how many guns you can carry on your person? Open and concealed together or just either of the two apart? Its gonna be hot this weekend and im trying to lose some weight so im gonna weight myself down more than usual...heading to tomato festival...
  11. T

caroline county fair

gunpic im too stupid to put em all together....internet is creeping now
  12. T

caroline county fair

sign pic please take note of the top last line of wordin...caroline county fair... a blue ribbon experience...
  13. T

caroline county fair

upon entering, a large no weapons, no firearms sign...it cant be missed...you almost have to brush by it to enter....then in their fair catalog......a paid advertisement by gadsden guns stating"because the constitution matters". i was pissed at the greed and hypocracy(sp). i told the five or six...
  14. T

I/we(gun owners) have been lumped into a childs death

title should say"responsible gun owners" KFC/taco bell on Brook rd today at lunch hour. Little old lady looks me up and down, looks me up and down, turns her nose up and snarls....and then the conversation as follows: lady: "I HOPE YOU HAVE A PERMIT FOR THAT" me: no mam, in VA a permit isnt...
  15. T

Greater Richmond OC Breakfast Sat 7/13 takes to the road - Tomato Festival

hanover tomato festival 7/13 oc friendly? any experience?