• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Recent content by Slugslinger

1. S

Election Day

I am still researching candidates before I hit the polling booth. I would appreciate any and all insights on 2nd Ammmendment supporters, as the mainstream media is the mess it is. Please HELP!
  2. S

An Opencarrydotorg question

imported post Sorry about the attempt at humor but I do have a couple of questions that I was hoping someone might be able to answer. I read the boards here at OCDO just about daily and have never realized that the site MOC was not connected (or is it?) until I tried to view a flier for the GM...
  3. S

Robbery Thwarted by Vigilant Owner

imported post Early This morning two 21 YOIowa men tried to rob the East 4th St. Liquor Store with a .22 LR Long Gun and a .22 caliber pistol. This store has been robbed already a few times once ending in a store clerk taking a round to the arm. Neither suspect fired a shot but 65 YO store...
  4. S

The privelege to "Interpret"

imported post This burns me every time I hear, read or see it. "The constitution is a living document that blah blah blah blah blah.:cuss: I understand that times have changed since the Constitution was adopted but howmany different and conflictinginterpretations will further impede US...
  5. S

I need some expertise

imported post Y'all MUST use Michigan.gov as much as I do. It used to be useful when it first came on line but it's like they don't care or they're intentionally misinforming or under-informing:banghead: us. (prolly the latter) I used to use it for the Topomaps,fish reports and the like when I...
  6. S

Anti gun Senator shoots intruder

imported post Now this should become headline news ... Anti-Gun Senator Shoots Intruder Long time Anti-Gun Advocate State Senator R.C. Soles, 74, shot one of two intruders at his home just outside Tabor City, N.C. About 5 p.m. Sunday, the prosecutor for the politician's home county said...
  7. S

Getting to where I want to open carry

imported post I live in Big Rapids Michigan. I know that Mi is an open carry state but how do I get my pistol to the place where I want it on my hip. My family and I were Walleye fishing in Hemlock Park (in the city limits) my wife took my daughter to the restroom where a young girl slid under...