• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Recent content by richarcm

1. richarcm

RedNex

Went to Warsaw, VA last night. It is a relatively small town but does have one gun store. It recently relocated to a much larger building so we decided to check it out on the way back to Richmond, VA. When we got there it was 6:54pm. There were two cop cars in the parking lot. We walked up to...
  2. richarcm

Firearms in Apartments

Can an apartment prohibit firearms completely from their premises? I just assumed that once you paid a rent or a mortgage that the property was considered yours privately until you failed to make payments or your lease ended. I left work early yesterday to sign a lease, was reading it...
  3. richarcm

Open Carry at Virginia GOP Convention?

So have we come to a consensus as to whether or not the Coliseum and the VA GOP will allow for us to open carry? Last year it wasn't even remotely an issue at the convention center. Not sure about this year.....
  4. richarcm

Toy Gun Open Carry?

Is there any law that I am not aware of that would prevent a non-student from peaceably carrying what would be a clearly fake toy gun on public school property? I ask because I'd REALLY like to see some action taken on what is becoming a RIDICULOUS intimidation of little boys and use of toy...
  5. richarcm

God, Guns and the Constitution

God, Guns, & the Constitution Townhall Meeting February 2, 2013 at 10:00 AM Richmond Christian Center Richmond Christian Center - 214 Cowardin Ave - Richmond, VA 23224 The free, non-partisan town hall meetings, God, Guns & The Constitution, offer a forum for discussing the issues of faith...
  6. richarcm

Yay or Nay? Carry in Public School used as a church?

My cousin is a Pastor at a "church" that is held in a public Elementary school in Amelia. Carry? Yes or no? :)
  7. richarcm

Gun Owner not welcome at Tobacco Company

Unfortunately I am currently enjoying good food and music here. When I stepped outside to get fresh air I noticed this at the front door. Doesn't look like I will be coming here again.
  8. richarcm

Chesterfield Cops and DA Say Carrying Loaded Gun in Chesterfield County Parks ILLEGAL

So my brother in law called me Wednesday night to ask me if carrying a gun in a Chesterfield County Park was legal. I told him of course it is. County Parks are preempted by state law. He said that he was in his work truck taking care of some paperwork when a cop walked up to him and...
  9. richarcm

Conceal Carry Question

Going to VA Beach. I have a VA permit. My two friends do not. If I keep my gun in my backpack.....can one of my friends be in possession of my backpack while I am in the water? Else how far am I allowed from my backpack before I am no longer considered to be in possession of it and thus the...
  10. richarcm

India K' Raja in Richmond, VA GUN FRIENDLY.

http://www.indiakraja.com/ Some conservative friends of mine were thinking of getting together on Friday after work to discuss politics. They decided to go to India K' Raja in Richmond. I've had Indian food once before several years ago and it was ALRIGHT. But I told one of my friends I...
  11. richarcm

This is why I Open Carry....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QU8oUcF3VwQ
  12. richarcm

Carry on NOVA campus

So my friend was pulled over last night by NVCC campus police for an illegal turn. I don't know the ins and outs of how that works out legally. But the problem is that he did what he thought at the time was the responsible thing by informing the officer that he had a gun on his seat. The cop...
  13. richarcm

Open Carry during heavy precipitation

imported post I've had this argument with a friend of mine. I can't say for a fact that it is true but I thought I read somewhere or heard someone suggest that during times of heavy precipitation (such as yesterday) that there is something in the law that allows for people without conceal...
  14. richarcm

Can you OC at this library??

imported post
  15. richarcm

Who's going to Open Holster tomorrow at the DC march?

imported post Its going to be a beautiful day next to the most notable and historic monuments in the world. Filled with great speakers, great people and lots of media. Who's going to be there? Who's going to be open holstering? ***An empty magazine or a single round can/will put you in...