• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Recent content by protias

1. P

Visiting Wisconsin from Washington State

Rather than jumping down someone's throat for not saying "at least," perhaps it would be better to add that than to approach someone the way you had originally did? But again, WI carrying laws have not changed much in the last 9 years, unless you can prove otherwise.
  2. P

How much do you pay attention to WI gun laws?...
  3. P

Just has to be 5x7 in size on an outside door.
  4. P

Our leaders have been feckless ever since Act 35 was passed. The only improvements have been police (current, retired, or even fired) can carry on school grounds, but us serfs cannot, plus the restriction on carrying in state parks was removed. That's it. Act 35 was "good enough" to pass and...
  5. P

Signs have force of law if they are the right size. I really wish the signs would have been required to be larger than 5x7 and uniformity of how they look. State law does say they need to be posted on the outside door. With that said, I do not know what enforcement has been like when a sign...
  6. P

The only place you'll really need to be careful of are the magical GFSZs. WI is pretty OC friendly. https://forum.opencarry.org/index.php?threads/new-to-open-carrying-oc-in-wi-heres-what-you-should-know.87330/
  7. P

Michigan Announces Ban On Open Carry Weapons At Polling Locations

Not sure how this is even remotely enforceable since it wasn't passed by the house and signed into law by the governor.
  8. P

Zeroing in for the democrat convention; seven dead at Molson Coors.

Truly sad. I'm willing to bet there would have been less dead people if the company wasn't a GFZ.
  9. P

NRA Handing Out 30-Round Mags in VA to Fight Northam Gun Ban

Oooo, fight the good fight NRA by giving out 30 round magazines... Maybe, just maybe, I know this is radical thinking, the NRA should actually do something instead of handing out magazines?! Such a worthless organization. They talk a good game, but when they are needed, they just drop the...
  10. P

Michigan Bill Seeks To Hold Government and Businesses Liable For Shootings in Gun Free Zones

Notice how the government entities are exempt? How are you able to not "patronize" those entities?
  11. P

Open Carry in Practice: Who's done it? | Vigilance Elite

I don't know why he would be so uncomfortable with OC...
  12. P

GOP leader calls Evers' special session on guns a 'nonstarter'

Isn't he one of those that believes special sessions are illegal?
  13. P

Michigan Bill Seeks To Hold Government and Businesses Liable For Shootings in Gun Free Zones

Why does the government exempt itself from this proposed law? Sec. 6b. The immunity provided by this act does not apply to 1liability of a governmental agency relating to a gun-free or 2weapon-free zone under section 40 of 1846 RS 66, MCL 554.140.
  14. P

https://www.legislature.mi.gov/(S(ahbs0dtlmr4lwgbmz5q1gpj0))/mileg.aspx?page=getobject&objectname=2019-HB-4975 I haven't searched the forum to see if this story was posted anywhere else, but I do not see it posted in this subforum.
  15. P

CA6: Seizing ptf out of her home for a psych eval without PC [drunken gun cleaning] stated claim and overcame QI. John Wesley Hall

"Totality of the circumstances..." - former Chief Noble Wray, Madison, WI