• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Recent content by NomadMan

1. NomadMan

Mississippian confused

I work for long terms (a month or two) in different states. As Mississippi is a constitutional state I do not have a CCW. But in states that allow carry without a permit I carry. Before coming to Georgia, to work on your new Vogtle nuclear plant, I read that open carry is only allowed with a...
  2. NomadMan

Police comment on constitutional carry

Ken Winter, the executive director of the Mississippi Association of Chiefs of Police, made the following statement concerning the new bill allowing constitutional carry. "We just don't believe that it's a good idea for people to be carrying concealed weapons and not have participated in any...
  3. NomadMan

Liberal logic

http://www.guns.com/2016/03/18/mississippi-constitutional-carry-bill-heads-to-full-senate-vote/ Liberal logic completely baffles me. In the article the leader of the Mississippi chapter of MDA makes the following statement. “As a mother and a grandmother, I am concerned about dangerous...
  4. NomadMan

Is OC legal for non-residents?

I'm a resident of Mississippi, but working in NC and have a few questions that I have been researching, but am getting conflicting information. 1. Is OC legal for non-residents? 2. Do some cities restrict OC? If so, is there a way to find which cities do? 3. In my home state OC is well...
  5. NomadMan

Crimes by LEO versus CCW holders

While researching Mississippi's laws concerning open carry, I came across this very enlightening comment. I [AG Jim Hood] conducted a year-long study last year (2013) in Mississippi and identified 32 police officers charged and convicted of crimes ranging from larceny to murder in only one...
  6. NomadMan

No gun zone

My wife and I went to our grandson's elementary graduation the other day. Knowing that firearms are forbidden in schools in MS I left mine in the car. The auditorium was just inside the school entrance, which was about 20' from the public sidewalk. All doors were open and unguarded. As I sat...
  7. NomadMan

Department of public safety

I went to the DPS today to renew my drivers license and found a sign on the door saying "No weapons allowed excluding law enforcement." (Note that this is not the legal wording per the statute) As far as I can tell the DPS is not a place off limits to firearms. Does any one have any information...
  8. NomadMan

What do you carry?

After perusing through this thread I noticed only a couple of other revolver carriers and even a couple of SAA carriers. My rig is a Ruger New Model Blackhawk .45 Colt in a Bianchi leather holster. The knife is my Grandfathers from WW1, which I added a bone handle and the leather sheath. I also...
  9. NomadMan

My encounter in Berea

My wife and I were traveling through Kentucky and we pulled off the interstate in Berea to get some gas at the BP. After filling up I went into the store, but checked the door to make sure there was mot a “No Firearms” sign first, which there was not. In my home state, Mississippi, I open carry...