• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Recent content by Neo

1. N

Carrying in GA Churches (North Point)

I'm from AL and there are no laws against carrying in churches here. How do you know if the "governing body" of a GA church has elected to allow carry per GA law? Is it the absence of "No Guns" signs? Do they post "Guns Welcome" signs? Does anyone here know if North Point Church in...
  2. N

AL Senate Bill (SB420) to Strip Self-defense Immunity

As I read AL Code 13A-3-23 (d) & (e) now, I cannot be arrested at the scene if it appears I acted in a justifiable manner. (d) A person who uses force, including deadly physical force, as justified and permitted in this section is immune from criminal prosecution and civil action for the use of...
  3. N

Travel to the Nashville Area 12/31/2014

Planning to make a day trip to the Nashville area tomorrow. Stops may include Downtown Franklin, Cool Springs Galleria, and Opryland Hotel. Does anyone know if any of these places are currently posted pursuant to TN 39-17-1359?
  4. N

OCDO Challenge Coins

I've been absent for a bit and just happened to see the OCDO challenge coins in the online store. I'd like to order one. How much longer before they're back in stock?
  5. N

OC-ing in the Chattanooga Aquarium Area

I will be visiting Chattanooga soon and will spend some time in the area around the Aquarium. Can anyone here give me a sense of the OC atmosphere there? Also, does anyone know if the Aquarium itself is posted? TIA
  6. N

Advice for OC in ATL/MARTA

I am headed to Atlanta for the first time in many years...certainly the first time since I began regularly carrying a firearm for personal protection. I do have an AL license, which is recognized by GA. My wife and I plan to check out Lennox Mall, the Dekalb Farmers Market, and some other...
  7. N

OC Atmosphere in Marshall County (Guntersville)

Does anyone have any experience OC-ing in Marshall County Alabama (Guntersville)? What's the general atmosphere there? TIA
  8. N

OC in Linden, Waynesboro, and Lawrenceburg, TN

I may be visiting Linden, Waynesboro, and Lawrenceburg, TN soon and wondered if anyone here has any experience or knowledge of any pre-1986 laws in the area. TIA.
  9. N

OC in South Pittsburg/Kimball, TN

I will be visiting this area soon and was wondering if anyone has had any experience with OC there. TIA!
  10. N

Advice on OC in GA in the Lookout Mountain Area

imported post I'll be traveling to the Lookout Mountain area near the TN-GA border, but definitely on the GA side. Can anyone tell me what the OC atmosphere is there and in GA in general? TIA P.S. What is this "pubic gathering" thing? It was a little unclear to me as to whether or not it...
  11. N

Is It OC When They Don't Know it's a Gun?

imported post I really want one of these! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D99NHb6B03s
  12. N

What's the OC Atmosphere in Lynchburg, TN?

imported post I'm planning to visit this historic town soon and even do a tour of the Jack Daniels distillery. Can anyone tell me what the OC atmosphere is like there? Are there any carry laws that did not get preempted by the TN "shall issue" laws? Thanks in advance!
  13. N

OC at Gander Mountain

imported post I've been meaning to post about this for a while, but just thought to take a photo of the sign at their Huntsville location this past weekend. Notice that it says, This does not apply to our customers that are legally carrying a firearm openly or concealed on their person as...
  14. N

Alabama HB364 and SB360

imported post Yesterday, SB360 passed in the AL Senate that bans policies that prohibit guns from being locked away in private vehicles in public or private employers' parking lots. There is a nearly identical bill in the AL House named HB364 and sponsored by Representative Craig Ford. This...
  15. N

OC/CC Now Legal at NPS, NWR, & National Monuments

imported post G'day All, Be aware that OC/CC is now legal in ""all 551 units of the National Wildlife Refuge System, as well as the National Monuments and the 392 units of the National Park System." Just stay out of the ranger stations, welcome centers, & etc...