• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Recent content by JohnH

1. J

Labor DayWeekend Meet-up

I'm trying to make a get together to create somekind of non profit org for the open carry movement in Alabama. Let me be clear from the outset, I don't care who's on first, who's pitchin' or who's hawking hot dogs. Apart from creating a working organization that allows us to get a lobbist into...
  2. J

Is Alabama CCL Good For OC In Georgia?

Well, the title mostly says it all. Georgia and Alabama have reciprocal recognition agreements on the CCL/GWL. But the law is different in each state. As I understand it, You must have the GWL to carry in Gerogia regardless of method. In Alabama, the license is only for concealment, open carry...
  3. J

Pat Yourself On The Back Kirbinator

imported post And all the others who sent emails to Crimestoppers, they took down the reference to 13A-11-52 sometime today (I looked back at about 8:45 pm) Congrats, Congrats! http://www.hsvareacrimestoppers.org/gun.html
  4. J

Of Camaras And Recorders

imported post Found this at www.keepandbeararms.com today: http://gizmodo.com/5553765/are-cameras-the-new-guns Seems the bad cops don't like being caught in the act, and have friends in high places to stop it being revealed. Ever wonder if we are not already living in a police state?
  5. J

My Visit With The DA, Pt 2

imported post I want to begin by thanking the assistant DA who spoke with me for his time yesterday. We spent the best part of an hour discussing OC. He was courteous, curious and helpful. I'd also like to thank the investagator with this office (9th District, Dekalb and Cherokee counties) who...
  6. J

My Visit With The DA

imported post I wasn't sure if I wanted to speak of this yet untill I read DJDD's post about his encounter... To put all this in perspective, the Mayor and a police officer came into our shop to inquire about a gate. Before they left I asked the officer about OC. He replied immediately it was...