• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Recent content by FTG-05

1. F

Open Carry in Practice: Who's done it? | Vigilance Elite

The only one you forgot was: "If you OC, you're an attention whore."
  2. F

Open Carry in Practice: Who's done it? | Vigilance Elite

This has been mine experience as well except I've been OCing since Feb. 2011. It is utterly amazing how many have no clue you are open carrying in day to day life.
  3. F

Fun and games at the Wal Mart on Atlanta Highway

When did they let you back in? I thought you got the banana hammer. I always miss the good stuff.....
  4. F

Live in TN and have TN HCP: any need for a UT permit?

I got my UT permit several years ago when I lived in AL. Then it was a good idea given the number of states that would not recognize the AL permit. Now, I live in TN and have my TN HCP (or whatever it's called). My UT permit is expiring this month. Is there any good reason to renew my UT...
  5. F

Very OC friendly resturant - Kelso, TN

Uncle J's Seafood and More in Kelso, TN. Right on Hwy 64, about 10-15 miles east of Fayetteville, TN, about 45 minutes northeast of Huntsville, AL. Went there with the wife this evening, first time I cc'd in like forever (we were supposed to go with a couple friends but they backed out). We...
  6. F

Article by self defense expert: Open Carry Opens Opportunity for Problems

Open Carry Opens Opportunity for Problems "I often get asked by students and clients my opinion on open carrying of a firearm in Alabama, and my responses are usually the same, “Expect to get a negative response from some, expect to get asked to leave some places of business, and expect the...
  7. F

Had lunch with 3 LEO's and both my wife and I got detained

Took our dog to the vet - again - for her ACL/LCL/ALCU/LSD/whatever surgery for the umteenth time. Said they had to do some work on her (drain the surgery site), could we go run some errands and come back in an hour. Happened before, prolly happen again, no big surprise there. So we decided...
  8. F

"No Guns Allowed" sign at the Madison Texaco on Old Madison Pike and Shelton Road

"No Guns Allowed" sign at the Madison Texaco on Old Madison Pike and Shelton Road Since we moved from Madison, I hadn't been to this Texaco for several months. It's where I've gotten the vast majority of my gas and diesel the 20 years I lived in Madison. I've open carried in their for at...
  9. F

OC Holster for Sig P226?

I've been OCing my S&W 329PD (.44 Mag) for about 3 years now, but now I'd like to start carrying my Sig P226 again. I haven't carried that gun since the early '90's when I got my Glock 23. Nostalgia, old memories, don't know why, I just do. In any event, I need a slip on, clamp on, paddle...
  10. F

My trip to area 51

That's the truth. My son and I stopped by there during our Summer 2008 desert trip. My then 15 year old son didn't even finish his hamburger, it was that bad. How can you possibly screw up a hamburger? The owners have a poor reputation for customer service. But that's to be expected for a...
  11. F

Birmingham alabama

Birmingham is in Region 2 for the Alabama Open Carry/AL Gun Rights site: For more information, try here at the Region-specific forums: http://www.alabamaopencarry.com/forum/ Good luck!