• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Recent content by DamonK

1. DamonK

LEOs running serial numbers

I'm trying to find the case law that makes LEOs running your serial number at a traffic stop illegal. Kind of having a brain fart today though. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
  2. DamonK

To the member on here that sought out my employer at the Puyallyp gun show...

So you felt so strongly about my trying to help people find supplies that you seek out my boss at the gun show and talk to him about my inappropriate behavior on here? Really? How petty do you have to be to pull something like that? I was thanked verbally today even though I let them know...
  3. DamonK

Thoughts/experiences with the SIG 556 rifle

Looking at picking up a very lightly used swat model for $1500. Anyone out there have any pros or cons for these rifles? Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2
  4. DamonK

Petition to recall Murray and Cantwell

Please sign this and share within your circles. Both of these reps for our state voted against our constitution and have a long history of doing so. If you'd like any info, feel free to PM me. http://m.ipetitions.com/#petition/recall-senators-maria-cantwell-and-patty-murry-for Sent from my...
  5. DamonK

Went to a job interview OC

I've been retired for about a month and a half now and I'm bored to tears. So I I decided to apply for a job at the Cabelas gun counter. I filled out all the info online and sent a copy of my resume. I got the call this morning and had a decision to make. Do I not carry to avoid any...
  6. DamonK

1911 Kimber confusion

Hey fellow 1911 carriers. I have been getting a lot of positive feed back from the public on mine, but I've also had just about as many ask if it's a Kimber. Now I have nothing against Kimber, they make a nice firearm. But I have a lot of pride in my Oly/Safari Arms Matchmaster. So I'm...
  7. DamonK

Question for the eastsiders.

I'm looking at moving to the north of spokane area, possibly around deer park. My uncle was visiting from republic today and had a pretty strong reaction to the way I carry (OC condition 1, 1911) he claimed that people would freak out and shoot me. I find that pretty hard to believe, and I've...
  8. DamonK

Wearing my cowboy gunfighter rig, just for the hell of it.

So I just got a custom built gunfighter rig (for cowboy action shooting) and I kinda feel like drawing some attention today. It's a right handed strong side and crossdraw rig, built for my 1858 Remington New Armys. I'm headed out to capitol forrest for some practice anyways. So I think I'll...
  9. DamonK

Olympia area meetup this weekend

Hey all, I've been out of the loop for a bit, but I'd like to meet up this weekend for coffee or breakfast this saturday or sunday. How about the Spar in downtown olympia? Say around 10? Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2
  10. DamonK

I'm almost retired!!!

Just got the call, my percentages from the VA and Army retirement board. I could finally be done within a couple of months! Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2
  11. DamonK

Just got my new sig...

And it's friggin' awesome! $417 for a lightly used p226. And I'll be open carrying it almost as much as I carry my 1911. :-D Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2
  12. DamonK

Olympia area meetup

Ok, what's the when and where for the coming meetup? Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2
  13. DamonK

Philosophical question regarding how we handle ourselves while OCing.

So I have an honest question about our demeanor while carrying. Let me say right up front that as long as you are legal, I support your right to carry. I believe that it's as much a right as free speech or not incriminating yourself. That said, I notice that there are some that would prefer...
  14. DamonK

South Sound (Olympia area) meetup 8 July 2012

Alright guys, here's the tentative plan. Historical Park in Olympia/Tumwater. They have very nice BBQ and picnic facilities. Also, it's got a great playground for kids, so let's bring them out if we can. I also have a slightly evil itch to look into one of the parks around capitol lake. I'm...
  15. DamonK

Hey, if you're in the South Sound, get over to Tolmie!

We are at Tolmie state park for a meet and greet, and there's all of 5 or 6 folks here. Come on guys and gals, let's have some fun! Give me a call if you need directions. 360-789-4337 Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk 2