• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Recent content by ccunning

1. C

National Park Carry

imported post I searched the SC forum for 'National Park' and came up empty. I hope I'm not covering ground that's already been gone over, but here it is. I'm a Virginia Resident with a Virginia CHP visiting your fine state and was considering taking a trip to Congaree National Park tomorrow...
  2. C

Self defense in lieu of a firearm

imported post My understanding is that even pepper spray must be registered with law enforcement to carry it legally. Can anyone shed any light on the process for registering and the requirements for eligibility? My sister is going to GW and lives in the dorms there, but I assume her legal...
  3. C

International Travel

imported post Does anyone know of any sites or resources regarding gun laws internationally. There are places in the world I would love to visit, but would feel much safer if I was able to defend myself if needed. This time it's Colombia, but I would love to know of more general resources. I...
  4. C

Virginia Resident Visiting SC (CC Questions)

imported post I know this is an OC site, but I thought you would be able to assist me. I am a Virginia resident with a CHP and will be visiting you're fine state for the next two weeks or so with a possible extension to my stay of 90 days. My understanding is that SC has a reciprocity agreement...
  5. C

Virginia Congressional Primary

imported post Virginia's congressional primary is today. The Washington Post breaks down the candidates here: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/metro/elections/2008/general_va.html Does anyone have any thoughts or opinions?
  6. C

Private Sales

imported post When you make a private sale in Virginia I know you're not required to do anything, however it seems to me it would be a good idea to get some info on the buyer, particularly if that person is a stranger, just in case LEO 229 comes a'knocking. Are you culpable if the buyer turns...
  7. C

Gun transport

imported post While not specifically an OC question, I think you all might be able to answer my question for me. What is the law in Virginia regarding transportation of a gun? If I'm taking my gun to the shooting range, what do I need to do? I usually carry it its case with the mag removed...