• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Recent content by caleb4387

1. C

ohio renaissance festival

i did for 2 years straight...never had any negative encounters. although I have chilled out lately for personal reasons
  2. C

OCer stopped at Springfield Walmart with gun, 100 rds of ammo

any updates on this poor silly kid? has any good attorney come to his defense yet?
  3. C

anyone goi in BIG R yet?

I've heard they don't allow open carry in their western locations in the past. then I heard a few wee posting open carry welcome signs. guess I'll get up their one day and browse but wonderi g if anyone has been in there yet.
  4. C

A little nervous...

My wife and I are driving down to Mississippi from Ohio and this will be my first multi state open carry trip. I've checked each States laws extensively, Kentucky Tennessee, Mississippi, but it's a bit weird being out of my Ohio comfort zone. I don't anticipate any trouble though as we will...
  5. C

visiting miss

In two weeks bay springs area. Looking for guidance to relevant code. ...can I open carry as an Ohio CHL holder? What is the usual climate?? And crap laws still existent they can pey ya with like brandishing or disturbing peace? Thanks for any assistance!!
  6. C

OH res looking for advice

Hi guys, I'm flying into Atlanta Tuesday and my mom and I may be spending some time in alabama after she picks me up. I'm doing my due diligence on laws and hoping you can help me sort out all the laws. Can I open carry on my Ohio permit? How is the culture around Alabama regarding open carry...
  7. C

OH res looking for advice

Hi guys, I'm flying into Atlanta Tuesday and my mom and I may be spending some time in Georgia after she picks me up. I'm doing my due diligence on laws and hoping you can help me sort out all the laws. Can I open carry on my Ohio permit? How is the culture around Atlanta regarding open carry...
  8. C

open carry multiple states

As a general rule can you open carry in other open carry states without being a resident of that state? I assume it would be legal unless you have to have. Permit to carry in that state..in which case you'd have to have that states permit.for example when I go home to visits Florida from ohio...
  9. C

best and worst states for open carry

I'm curious what the best open carry states are for protection of the right as well as social/law enforcement acceptability? Vice versa I'm curious which open carry states are the worst such as being legal but nit having protection against charges for say "disturbing the peace" or other...
  10. C

open carry childrens sports events

i had initially decided my step daughters soccer games were one place i would not open carry however i am reconsidering this..the elder onw has two playoff games saturday and i am heavily considering it. ill admit my motives arent entirely pure. the kids side of the family will be there and they...
  11. C

library carry clatification

i decided to start a new thread so as not to bog down a different one. is csrry at a county library NON posted. legal or illegal? it seems it would fall under preemption law however i want to be sure. i would be concealed in any case so as not to cause a stir in this particular case. this is...
  12. C

need advice please resaurants. columbus

the wife and i are celebrating our 1 year wedding anniversary and i was windering if anyone knew of restaurants in columbus are that are known to be open carry friendly? looking for steakhouse type places especially. thanks in advance ! :)
  13. C

open carry in meijer

Anyone open carry in meijer? Tonight in lima will be my first time..it's been going well but for some reason I suspect I may have trouble at meijer....
  14. C

I are new

Hi, I'm caleb, 28 years old I've been involved with firearms a few years now but only recently was an o to get in to carrying. I moved here from Florida a little over. Year ago to be with the love of my life. I currently reside in Wapakoneta where I have been open carrying without incident...