• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Are school shootings down since Columbine?

eye95

Studies that indicate school shootings are on the rise use a technique called the Double-Definition Deception. Two vastly different definitions are employed, one to encourage shock and outrage, and the other to beef up the numbers.

When you say “school shooting”, most people envision a heavily-armed BG entering a school, shooting as many people as he can before finally being taken down. That definition, the one most of us would employ, invokes shock and outrage. However, some groups will use the term “school shooting” to invoke the shock and outrage, but then define the term down to include an unrelated shooting in a parking lot some blocks away, and other such nonsense, just to beef up the numbers.

This is not the only common usage of the Double-Definition Deception to try to sway public policy. Look for it elsewhere.

solus

Oh ya down...as they initiated a female hunt for the 18 yo FL HS obsessed with columbine, traveled to CO & allegedly purchased a LG then disappeared...

Reported roaming naked w/gun around Mt Evans base and supposedly was found dead from allegedly self inflected gunshot.

Even tho dead...this young woman WON at generating widespread chaos without even firing a shot!

Last edited:

HP995

solus

Sorry HP995...WHY did it take the infamous guru(s) 3 years to question and peel the onion back to discern if Lankford’s study met accepted academia research methodologies & protocols?

Simple academia concepts in study conflicts is scholars try to replicate someone’s study using the original PI’s methodology and data...while the data is available per se., and relevant.

HP995

"We examined the data from 1998 to 2012 and found that, although the U.S. has 4.5 percent of the world’s population, the U.S. represents less than three percent of worldwide mass shooting incidents or mass shooting deaths and less than one percent of mass shooters." (ibid)

2A works! 😎

FreedomVA

Mostly just because mass shootings have to happen fairly regularly coming up on election time for Congress and candidates to run and get more gun control through.

More cold calculation than uncontrolled emotion.

yup, their candidate's will not win the election and anger build up and they implode or explode

Ghost1958

yup, their candidate's will not win the election and anger build up and they implode or explode

More talking about before the election.
It's been predictable as the sunrise for years now.

Elections are a year off or so and mass shootings start picking up, mostly by shooters that self destruct but never harmed a soul before.
By election time your getting a mass shooting every couple of weeks.

After the election they slow down and stop for the most part.

Paddock was the Vegas Shooter? Sure he was.

WalkingWolf

More talking about before the election.
It's been predictable as the sunrise for years now.

Elections are a year off or so and mass shootings start picking up, mostly by shooters that self destruct but never harmed a soul before.
By election time your getting a mass shooting every couple of weeks.

After the election they slow down and stop for the most part.

Paddock was the Vegas Shooter? Sure he was.
Paddock was a anti trump, vagina hat wearing liberal, the media just did not report it. IMO his intention was to fuel momentum for gun control. Which may be behind a few of the shootings.

Ghost1958

Paddock was a anti trump, vagina hat wearing liberal, the media just did not report it. IMO his intention was to fuel momentum for gun control. Which may be behind a few of the shootings.

You knew, the man?

Nobody else has a clue other than conjecture to anything about the man.

But you are right about one thing.

Vegas was done to promote gun control, and red flag. Just Paddock didn't do it. Nor if you listened to the videos was that a bump stock firing.

Then there is the little item of several eye witnesses who went public about seeing a shooter on the ground all assuming room temperature within a month.

solus

Observation...why is the “female under sheriff” leading the media frenzy on this event?

Oh what is this nonsense the media lead is using & the newspeek media is posting ‘tweets’ ?

solus

Show the current foto of the alledged shooter...

According to the Advocate, “... McKinney is transgender and was bullied for his gender presentation, according to "sources close to the investigation."”

HP995

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
I learned at a young age that for civil society to function properly there are certain life styles and preferences that should stay closeted. Specifically, those life styles that are outside Judeo-Christian principles. Our founding fathers never intended this country to be Godless. Our founding principles promoted tolerance (1st Amendment), but that tolerance did not mean acceptance or that outside the norms must be allowed to disrupt those general Judeo-Christian principles.

When someone says I have to accept their beliefs and life styles or I will be punished, I have a problem. We are headed down that road. Appeasement in order to avoid conflict does not work. And, ordering me to accept it will get my blow-back. Hate crime laws are evil when based on the victim's belief. We are all prejudice in some way, shape or form, and that is human nature. The law of nature.

Many police incident report forms have a check box for HATE/BIAS determinations. This country is in trouble, I don't see it being turned around any time soon.

Last edited: