• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The forum is now running on XenForo

solus

John, this long time member wishes you the greatest success[es] in all your future endeavors...

The ‘discourage’ feature instituted this Tuesday on my profile at the admin/mod level of control, has truly taken a toll and while extremely disappointed, however, it is after all private property covered by the proprietor’s mandates and their personal whims.

One hopes your maintenance action facilitates a viable corrective action for CoL but this member lacks any insight to a ROI benefit whatsoever if there is truly no semi immediate urgency nor concern as the membership accessibility is controlled in a nefarious manner!

Therefore, i wish everyone the best and let’s keep in touch as we have in the past.

Cheers

[sidebar from 2010 xenforo’s forum, quote:
XenForo has a built in "Discourage User" Option which makes it difficult or impossible for a user to navigate the site. It's similar to the very popular vBulletin mod called "Miserable Users". Basically, navigation slows way down, error messages randomly pop up, and sometimes you end up on pages you don't expect to see. This slows down unwanted visitors and sooner or later they leave, especially if they think the problems are sitewide rather than aimed at them individually. Unquote]

Last edited:

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
On occasion I get an orange flicker (less than a second) in the upper right hand corner when clicking "log In" and clicking my name to log out. Like, it is searching.

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
On occasion I get an orange flicker (less than a second) in the upper right hand corner when clicking "log In" and clicking my name to log out. Like, it is searching.

I am not sure what that could be. I haven't installed many plugins and have tried to use baseline functionality whenever possible.

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
The orange flicker is the busy icon.

The log-in issues are not trivial as they are also a symptom of shadow-banning. This coincident with recent discussion of intentionally crippling some users forums experience.

Lol. Since I am the only admin, I would know if I had shadow-banned anyone.

What do you mean the 'busy icon'?

Motofixxer

I have a post that I keep updated. Since the updated software when I edit it and save it I get an error the message is too long please shorten it. Obviously it's a message length limit. Is it possible to get that changed?