• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The forum is now running on XenForo

since9

Campaign Veteran
Good stuff! Very similar look and feel. XenForo is considered one of the top 10 message forum applications. I haven't used it, but I'm sure the back end is similar to vBulletin, as the front end seems to be very similar. I've used several, including Wildcat BBS! to whatever Slate and CT were using to vBulletin, MyBB, phpBB and BBPress. If I were to make a forum purchase today, XenForo would be one of my Top 3 contendeers.

JTHunter2

TESTING EDIT FUNCTION

OK. I see how the button has changed. I also had to change my "bookmark" to get to this site.

Mr. Pierce, it does appear to have a "cleaner" look here. Nice !

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
I guess quote is on auto,, no button but reply quoted you for me.

we always hate the way things are, then we hate when things change,
you will get this thing running smooth again,
thank you for the upgrade,
I will hate it until I get used to it,,, just like last time!
Look under "Insert" (....v).

My question is how do you double quote. Including a quote that is in a post when replying.

Last edited:

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
Most avatars are green. The persons logged in is indicated with a green triangle in the upper left hand corner of the avatar. Green on green doesn't work well to indicate someone being logged in.

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
Most avatars are green. The persons logged in is indicated with a green triangle in the upper left hand corner of the avatar. Green on green doesn't work well to indicate someone being logged in.

I have turned that off for now. There are some paid addons that enhance that functionality and I will look into it.

DoubleTap

John, you have been having fun! The new platform is really nice. A very bright and fresh look. Congratulations!! I know Grapeshot would have liked it, and you know that he would have no doubt been communicating with you many, many times during this transition. Probably burning your phone up with text messages. lol. He was blessed with so much energy and enthusiasm.

I hope you are holding up okay with all you have going on. Dale and I often talked about the energy YOU have and all you do. He held you in the very highest regard, John.

I'm not that active here, so no problems or complaints from me - hee!

Good luck,
Warm regards
Diane

MI_XD

I do not see the threads in any chronological posted order. And, they all take me back to the very first post which may be as far back as 2013, EVERY time I enter a thread. Don't really feel like re-reading thousands of messages to get back to only seeing the current , new posts. Any way to fix this?

OK, so the "Stickies" are at the top, which seemed to cause the non chronological order, but after those, the regular threads do not get me to the "newest" posts. I have to start at the very beginning of each one, each time.

Last edited:

solus

it would be nice if the avitar also showed
date joined
# of posts

1245A, push on the individual’s ‘blue’ name and the info you are seeking pops up, including ability to immediately PM the member instead of the awkward method of the olde app; and to the delight of some nameless souls, the ability to put the member on ‘ignore’ [or take them off ‘ignore’ and back on, then off, and so forth as the case may be :oops:]

bc.cruiser

Seems to be the same as two other forums that now run on this same platform. A bright, way-too-clean appearance, with temporary losses of member info, and some new navigation procedures. All my info on one of the other forums was lost; I took the hint.

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
Seems to be the same as two other forums that now run on this same platform. A bright, way-too-clean appearance, with temporary losses of member info, and some new navigation procedures. All my info on one of the other forums was lost; I took the hint.

I don't believe we lost ANY member info. And we needed to move off of VB 4 because it was well past its end of life and I was concerned about security issues and PHP compatibility.

Let me know if there are things you see that are missing. We don't want to lose anyone.

since9

Campaign Veteran
I didn't see an option in Settings or Preferences for showing threads in reverse chronological order. Am I missing it?

Still not seeing it. Reverse chronological order is a vBulletin wonder, but many other message forum software used it, as well, even back in the old BBS days. Perhaps it's a option that could be switched to the "On" or "Enabled" position, allowing each user to select it if they so desire?