• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

KIRO 7 Did you go?

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
I signed up for tickets to attend the heavily one sided "Town Hall" last night. I could not attend, (long commute), so I watched on the stream. My question to you, as Washingtonians, Did you attend? Did you watch online? Do you even care that you are being set up and will lose your firearms? The only way, the ONLY way, Washington Gun Owners will retain their weapons is to vote. The turnout in the last election was beyond miserable (21%)

"Oh, I had to work"............................and I lost my gun rights
"Oh, I was tired"................................and I lost my gun rights
"I could not find any transportation".....and I lost my gun rights
"I (insert whatever)"...........................and I lost my gun rights
The TRUTH will be..."I was a Complacent American"
and I gave away my gun rights.

gun vote.png

Boomboy007

It was a disgrace.

I recorded it and watched it a few days later. Out of 15-16 panelists, there were 2 who were pro gun; all the rest we're vehemently anti gun, and everything about the "news" show bolstered the crazy anti-gun narrative. Of the mere 2 pro gun spokespeople, one of them (the lady who owns the gun store) was basically cut off after 2 sentences when her answer to their question diverged from their expectations.

KIRO 7: "So we understand that you have voluntarily decided NOT to sell AR-15 type rifles to anyone under the age of 21. Is that correct?"

Patriot: "That is incorrect. We follow state and federal laws when it comes to all firearm sales."

KIRO 7: (flustered) "Next we have......."

The worst part was Governor Jay Inslee's praise of the "amazangly brave and intelligent kids that were leading the charge (against guns). He extolled their virtues, and said that "we can't turn this country over to them fast enough." Less than 30 seconds later, he was saying that we needed to raise the age requirement to buy a long gun to 21. His hypocrisy apparently blinded him to the irony. A month ago we were bemoaning the fact that these same children were so stupid that they were purposely eating laundry detergent. Yeah, let's turn things over to the Tide Pod kids.

Start to finish, it was a hit job on the Second Amendment, and they did little to disguise it as legitimate journalism. I should have been there. Yet another reason that I miss MSG Laigaie.

Stephen_

Did you all see the poll on KIRO's website?

Do you support stricter gun control?

72% No

28% Yes

Edit: I tried to find the poll and it is gone from their website.

Last edited:

Dave Workman

I signed up for tickets to attend the heavily one sided "Town Hall" last night. I could not attend, (long commute), so I watched on the stream. My question to you, as Washingtonians, Did you attend? Did you watch online? Do you even care that you are being set up and will lose your firearms? The only way, the ONLY way, Washington Gun Owners will retain their weapons is to vote. The turnout in the last election was beyond miserable (21%)

"Oh, I had to work"............................and I lost my gun rights
"Oh, I was tired"................................and I lost my gun rights
"I could not find any transportation".....and I lost my gun rights
"I (insert whatever)"...........................and I lost my gun rights
The TRUTH will be..."I was a Complacent American"
and I gave away my gun rights.

View attachment 13429

In retrospect, your list is superb.
I was the other panelist. I've had some time to think about what happened after I reminded the audience that we're talking about a RIGHT as opposed to a regulated privilege. There were some shaking heads including the Rev. Sandy Brown, seated next to me.

As to your list...I've figured out why people keep telling me to "keep up the good work." It's so they can feel comfortable sluffing off and not doing their own work...maybe not even voting.
Well, here it is gang, another initiative to ratchet down on your rights.

You gonna sit this one out, too?

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

golddigger14s

Activist Member
In retrospect, your list is superb.
I was the other panelist. I've had some time to think about what happened after I reminded the audience that we're talking about a RIGHT as opposed to a regulated privilege. There were some shaking heads including the Rev. Sandy Brown, seated next to me.

As to your list...I've figured out why people keep telling me to "keep up the good work." It's so they can feel comfortable sluffing off and not doing their own work...maybe not even voting.
Well, here it is gang, another initiative to ratchet down on your rights.

You gonna sit this one out, too?

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

In this state you can vote by mail. So what is your excuse now?........................................

solus

I find it fasinating Washingtonians [Oregonians also] get fired up and extremely agitated in a woe is me mentality over the citizen initiative pushed on the voters, yet fail to do a darn thing about the cause..dismantling the early 1900’s law allowing JQPublic [read now special interest groups] the mandate allowing the initiatives to be put on the ballot in the first place!

Why hasn’t a citizen put together an initiative to change the statute or why aren’t citizens pushing their state legislative body [who can, with straght face claim they are without sin over the citizen measures being made into law] to rescind the statute?