• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Here we go......Idiot pulls a firearm at Mc Donalds

USNVet

Idiots like this give a bad rap to responsible firearm owners. If you are armed and can't walk away from a situation where you should know deadly force is not warranted, maybe you shouldn't carry a firearm. Idiots like this just add fuel to the anti-gun fire.

http://www.wcsh6.com/story/news/local/lewiston-auburn/2015/10/29/mcdnalds-shooting/74826362/

The news said the Police have the firearm and know that it was legally purchased in Brunswick, Me.
Apparently there was a scuffle and the armed idiot had the firearm taken from him and fled.

They don't have the perp yet. I would think they could find out who it was if they know who purchased the firearm. Maybe it was purchased by someone other than the perp.

solus

something seems off...the lady's interview says her brother and friend went outside, disheveled guy followed and then article quote: he guy reached like he had a gun, and you don't really ever think that, and he really had a gun. Took the gun out. Went to the ground. They were fighting over it. The gun went off." unquote

quote:
[FONT=arial, sans-serif]Gauthier (added for clarity: Lady who was interviewed) says her boyfriend and his brother had the gun at that point. They got in their car and said they were on the way to the police station when they got pulled over, arrested and taken in for several hours of questioning. unquote.[/FONT]

[FONT=arial, sans-serif]now let me see...good guys grappling over firearm, goes off in public venue, good guys grab gun and are headed to the police station with it....[/FONT]

[FONT=arial, sans-serif]try this scenario...disheveled guy offers to sell firearm to BF & brother for some quick cash, they fail to negotiate a fair price! BF & brother grapple with disheveled guy while handling the firearm, firearm is dropped and goes off. disheveled guy runs and BF & brother and now lady now grab gun and head out with their new prize. Life is now normal EXCEPT someone got their license number and the nice LEs intervene but in the interim the Lady, BF & brother have concocted this story and are sticking to it, especially since it seemed quite pat and rehearsed.

glad nobody was hurt...

ipse
[/FONT]

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Never believe what you first read in the media. Withhold judgement until considerably more is known and determined to have validity.

The media frequently doesn't know or omits facts.....sometimes intentionally, really they do. :p

Last edited:

Rusty Young Man

Never believe what you first read in the media. Withhold judgement until considerably more is known and determined to have validity.

The media frequently doesn't know or omits facts.....sometimes intentionally, really they do. :p

Well, somebody has to manufacture the "facts" they keep touting, right? Why discriminate between fact and fiction when the fiction supports your anti-Freedom rhetoric? :rolleyes:

WalkingWolf

Something stinks like rotten tuna with her story.

IMO the guy ran away because either of the two males took a shot at him. Whether he legally had the gun is up for debate, but I believe from her statement that they started it. But who admits to starting a ruckus?

All they had to do was wait the police to turn the gun in, they, IMO, were fleeing.

Last edited:

jegoodin

Something stinks like rotten tuna with her story.

IMO the guy ran away because either of the two males took a shot at him. Whether he legally had the gun is up for debate, but I believe from her statement that they started it. But who admits to starting a ruckus?

All they had to do was wait the police to turn the gun in, they, IMO, were fleeing.

I agree, something is fishy. Just call 911 and wait for the cops. Why take the gun and drive off with it?