• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Texas officially has Open Carry

Johnbo

Me too but they still do it.

Important phrases to remember for leo stops:

"Are you detaining me?"

"Am I free to go?"

WalkingWolf

Snip
The bill passed after lawmakers made concessions to law enforcement groups, who had been upset by an original provision that barred police from questioning people carrying guns if they have no other reason to stop them.

The final bill scrapped that language, meaning police will be able to ask Texans with handguns in plain sight if they have proper licenses.
http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/747

Well, it didnt take long for the bs reporting to start.

Not according to rulings in other federal district courts. US V Deberry, and US V Black. There probably has been others I just had not had the time to look for them. It is only a matter of time before these LEA have their arses handed to them in federal court.

mustangkiller

Not according to rulings in other federal district courts. US V Deberry, and US V Black. There probably has been others I just had not had the time to look for them. It is only a matter of time before these LEA have their arses handed to them in federal court.

Yup, and unless I miss my guess I'll have my name attached to a lawsuit at some point. My local LEO's hate me.

qednick

I would think so.

Texas' big problem is its proliferation of anti-carry businesses with signs that have weight of law. I'm not used to either of those. I can't tell you how many times I broke the law in Texas without really trying just because I wasn't being super diligent to not break the law.

I honestly will probably not OC in Texas.

I only know of two places: IKEA in Round Rock (near Austin) and the Sprouts Grocery Stores. All other "anti gun" signs I've seen are not legal, including San Antonio airport, TGI Fridays, and a handful of gas stations and other small businesses.

A few years ago, it seemed that every major car dealership had the required legal notices posted, but recently these seem to have been removed.... most likely because people like me wouldn't spend my hard earned money with them and would make a point of telling them so.

nonameisgood

texas3006.com lists member-submitted 30.06 signs.
Many places are listed, and the nuances that make them valid or irrelevant are discussed therein.

I do not know the plan to expand the listings for 30.07.

nonameisgood

HPmatt

What if he was just kidding about signing it? [emoji83]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nonameisgood

What if he was just kidding about signing it? [emoji83]

It passed with enough votes to override, but since they have checked out for the session, that can't happen.
He would likely never get another day of cooperation from congress if he did that. The electorate could go either way.

HPmatt

Email from Sen Huffines - fyi he is not a lawyer.

Fellow Texans,
Today is the last day of the 84th Legislative session and I am proud to share with you some of our accomplishments from this legislative session.

TRANSPORTATION
The Legislature is poised to allocate billions of dollars in existing revenue to building new and better roads, and all without higher taxes, fees, or tolls. Texans deserve a 22nd Century network of toll-free roads. If voters agree, Texas will dedicate $2.5 billion more dollars to roads in 2018, and billions more going forward, too.

TAX CUTS
Texans will enjoy close to $4 billion dollars in margins tax cuts, property tax reductions, and property tax reforms. When that money stays in the private sector, it can be used for job growth and investment, taking our economy to even greater heights.

TAX CUTS
Texans will enjoy close to $4 billion dollars in margins tax cuts, property tax reductions, and property tax reforms. When that money stays in the private sector, it can be used for job growth and investment, taking our economy to even greater heights.

BORDER SECURITY
Although border security and a system of legal immigration are federal responsibilities, Texas has had to shoulder the costs and other burdens of the federal government's failure. The border security bill we passed will help ensure public safety and uphold the rule of law; and the budget will include $800 million dollars to make sure Texas will secure the border where the federal government cannot or will not.

SECOND AMENDMENT
Open carry and campus carry passed and are soon to be law. These are historic steps in restoring our Second Amendment rights.

I appreciate your constant support and hope you will continue stay involved.

In Liberty and your employee,
DON HUFFINES
Sen. Don Huffines
://www.donhuffines.com/

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
Update the map. <-- awesome words.

Fukc yeah.

The tears of the haters of human rights fuel my off-grid generator.

I love seeing them say they won't set foot in TX; What ever shall TX do without these trash? Oh, yeah; be way better off.

If only Floriduh has enough smart people in it to make this happen here, too... I can hear I-10 from my place...

Last edited:

nonameisgood

Sometime in the next 9 days. If he doesn't sign or veto by then it automatically becomes law.

Ian

Lone Star Veteran
Crossdraw.

Anyone attempting to play with your gun from behind, has put themselves in the crosshairs by doing it...

Not to mention how hard it would be to pull my 1911 out of it's Serpa, backwards...

I don't really like crossdraw for a number of reasons. A forward cant with proper holster retention mechanisms and retention training would be plenty effective.