• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Eric Cantor - "A+" Rated and NRA-PVF Endorsed

davidmcbeth

Banned
Don't trust NRA ratings ... he's running for office? Call him up and ask him questions...

I don't see where he pushed to nix the GCA of 1934....

A+ means what? I want an A+++ guy.

Blk97F150

Don't think Dave Brat has returned the VCDL survey - please encourage him to do so.

Actually Grape, Dave Brat did return the survey (at least according to a June 2 VCDL Alert:

1. Cantor seems to be dodging the VCDL survey

When contacting the Cantor campaign about returning the VCDL Candidate Survey, some of
our members have been getting a copy of an NRA endorsement letter for Cantor.

I’m sorry, but that simply is NOT good enough. We need our survey returned so we know
exactly what Cantor plans to do in the future.

Reading the NRA endorsement letter, it looks like Cantor didn’t even return the NRA
survey, as there was absolutely no mention of a survey. I believe the NRA was looking
for an excuse to endorse Cantor without the survey and did just that. It’s no secret
that the NRA loves incumbents. While NRA B, C, D, and F ratings are pretty accurate, the
same cannot be said of their A ratings. Sometimes they are indeed earned and other times
they are used to curry favor with a candidate.

So let’s continue to contact Cantor’s campaign to encourage him to return the VCDL
Candidate Survey. Considering that Cantor has voted for gun control in the past while a
Delegate in Richmond (One Handgun a Month, Striker-12 gun ban), we cannot take for
granted he will not do so in the future. It is important that we get his answers to our
survey.

Cantor’s opponent, Dave Brat HAS returned his VCDL survey and did so very pro-gun.

If you live in the 7th Congressional District, please contact Eric Cantor and urge him to
return his VCDL survey immediately. And don’t accept any platitudes about Cantor
supporting the Second Amendment or an NRA endorsement letter instead of a VCDL Candidate
Survey.

If Cantor is too busy to return his survey, then gun owners could end up being too busy
to vote for him in the primary on June 10th.

You can contact Cantor using this email address:

eric@cantorforcongress.com

Or you can call Cantor on his Congressional telephone line: 202-225-2815 or his campaign
phone number: 804-358-6160

Urge Cantor to return his VCDL candidate survey immediately.

Cantor’s web page: http://www.ericcantor.com/

-

To thank Dave Brat for sending in his survey very pro-gun, you can contact him using his
email address:

dave@davebratforcongress.com

Or call him at his campaign phone number: 804-496-8214

Brat’s web page: http://davebratforcongress.com/

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
My bad - the memory is the 2nd thing to go, and I can't remember the first :uhoh:

Repeater

"Consistently opposed all attempts ... "

I got one of those, too.

"Consistently opposed all attempts ... "

What a lie. I guess Cox doesn't care about Eric's voting record in the House of Delegates.

thedevilrobyjohn

voted

Im an active member of nra, pvf, goa, vcdl and ocdo. Was bombarded with nra backing cantor, but vcdl made me push the brat button at the end. That damn mind control. I wish I was more political and knew more about it, God have mecry on the working man.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

Blk97F150

SNIP
“I’m out here for one reason, and one reason only: To vote against Eric Cantor,” said Jim Rhodes, 70, who was voting at Byrd Middle School in the Tuckahoe District of Henrico County.

If the fall election is between Brat and a Democrat, he can’t say how he’ll vote because he’ll have to review the candidates’ positions, he said. If the fall election is between Cantor and a Democrat, he’ll vote Democrat, he said.

Rhodes added, “He looks out for himself, and doesn’t look out for his constituents.”

Full article: http://www.timesdispatch.com/news/s...cle_25649bd2-f04b-11e3-8fbc-0017a43b2370.html

Light turnout at my polling place about 8am this morning. In fact, I was the only voter there... and the poll workers indicated that only a couple had been there before me.

HPmatt

Let me know who votes for Cantor and I'll make sure we send you a complementary bus load of fresh illegals from Texas.
The Border is 500 miles south of Dallas, but I'm sure we'll be getting a bunch of them up here in the next few weeks.

Blk97F150

Politico calls it... Cantor Loses.

-----------------------------------
Eric Cantor loses House seat

RICHMOND, Va. — David Brat, a local economics professor, is beating House Majority Leader Eric Cantor in Tuesday’s Republican primary contest with more than half of the vote in.

A Cantor (R-Va.) defeat would be the most shocking primary result in years, and would halt one of the most meteoric rises in House Republican politics.

Brat had an early lead of 56.47 percent to 43.53 percent with nearly 56 percent of the vote in, according to the Associated Press.

Cantor’s supporters were gathered at a Westin here in Richmond — they watched the results on a projector, but the screen turned off as the Brat vote edged up. Cantor arrived before 8 p.m. and was whisked upstairs.

Full article: http://www.politico.com/story/2014/...y-election-results-virginia-107683.html?hp=t1

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
CONGRATULATIONS to Virginians and to VCDL on Cantor's defeat!

WAY TO GO!!!!!

I've got my fingers crossed for the general election.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
CONGRATULATIONS to Virginians and to VCDL on Cantor's defeat!

WAY TO GO!!!!!

I've got my fingers crossed for the general election.
Indeed this is big, but the General Election is where the rubber meets the road. We need to win there!