• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

sub-zero temps and a mountain lion in the area

Status
Not open for further replies.

MontanaResident

I thought I'd feel like a dork with my pistol hanging off an oversized belt wrapped around many layers of clothing and a large thick Parka, but it works okay. I may not be the leading edge of a fashion trend, but I can get to my Ruger, and maybe get a shot off before becoming a lion's tasty meal.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
I thought I'd feel like a dork with my pistol hanging off an oversized belt wrapped around many layers of clothing and a large thick Parka, but it works okay. I may not be the leading edge of a fashion trend, but I can get to my Ruger, and maybe get a shot off before becoming a lion's tasty meal.

I found this exchange on the forum MountainLionUnderground. Thought I'd pass it along.

Longtail wrote: So, I saw this human today. You guys won't believe this. He had his gun hanging off an oversized belt wrapped around many layers of clothing and a large thick parka. I didn't wanta look like a dork trying to kill and eat him. It would be Spring before I chewed thru all the clothes. I was laughing so hard, watching him toddle around, I couldn'ta stalked him anyway.

SirPuma wrote: Boy, you're so dumb, you're gonna starve. The parka comes open. There's a little gizmo on the front under their chin. Just hook a claw in it and pull down--it comes right open. How do you think they get in and out of those ridiculous clothes?

CautiousCat wrote: Just watch out for the ones with the long guns.

TawnySilence wrote: I always hate hunting them in the winter. You track them for hours. See them from a distance and think, "Oh, boy, does he look fat and juicy." Then you get up close and see its all clothes. What a disappointment.

Goldencoat wrote: Yeah. And, they look so ridiculous, even without all the clothes. No proper fur, except that little patch on their heads. And, some of the males ain't even got that much; on some, the head fur mostly ain't there except on the sides.

Stalker wrote: Yeah. And, their eyesight ain't so good, neither. I can't tell you how many times I almost got run over crossing their hard trail at night. And, they even have lights on those metal buffalo they ride around in.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Stalker asked, "Hey, TawnySilence. I know where there's a lone camper. You hungry?"

Tawny replied, "I'm so hungry, I could eat a beer-bellied redneck. Lets go."

A little later, after they've caught their meal:

"Hey, Stalker. His fire is still going. What do you think?"

"Well, Tawny, they seem to prefer eating their food that way. Lets try it."

A little later:

"Well, Tawny, what do you think? How is it?"

Nicely done!

Status
Not open for further replies.