• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

So....Who's gonna OC in their vehicle @ 12:01 Nov 1?

bmwguy11

Not me. I have no desire to push my luck and I don't wish to be someone who has to go through the legal battle to try and set precedent.

Jason in WI

Way to many school zones for me.

I will donate what I can to the legal fund if someone gets charged.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

M

McX

not for me either, too many zones of school. i will wait for my magic piece of paper.

JJC

Not me, I'd never be able to drive across town. Id have to stop every 5 to 10 blocks to unload and incase.

School Zones and OC.

That's something that should have been addressed back when.

JJC

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
Already doing it, being a small business owner who leaves his place of business well after 10:00 P.M., with the days receipts. walking from the building to his vehicle, then driving home, I came to the conclusion that my ability/need to defend myself far outweighs the states current prohibition on the practice.

Since my vehicle is for "Business Use" I could even use that angle if a problem was to arise. It would be a stretch with Hamden, but worth a shot IMO.

I have been stopped by law enforcement twice now while carrying in my vehicle, once was to harass me about the flowmaster exhaust, the other was to inform me I had a brake-light out. No problems with either stop. BFD, A illegal transport charge, pfffttt.

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
Meh........<---It's a word, google that shiznit.

No school zones for me on the way to work or back. Nice living in the boonies. Probably should try to find my license plate registration stickers though first to help avoid any unwanted enforcer contacts.

bmwguy11

Not likely. It would be more so covered under 167.31.

Depends on the LEO and DA you get. They can use current case law to say it was concealed unless you have it sitting on the dash.

http://opencarry.org/wi.html

State v. Walls, 526 N.W.2d 765 (Wis. App. 1994) A handgun on the seat of a car that was indiscernible from ordinary observation by a person outside, and within the immediate vicinity, of the vehicle was hidden from view for purposes of determining whether the gun was a concealed weapon.

Like I said, that's why I won't open carry in the car until I get my CCW permit. I have no desire to be the "case law" guinea pig.